Re: [Phys-l] g...

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:43:24 -0500 "Anthony Lapinski"
<Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org> writes:
So if you jump off a cliff (no air) with a scale
beneath you, it will read zero. No apparent weight, but plenty of
true weight.

What does Anthony mean by "true weight" ?

There is no such thing as "true weight" unless you mean your weight
when you step on a good scale in your home bathroom before breakfast.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where our true weight is found when we step on the weight watchers
scale before the Monday morning weight-watcher lecture every week.)