Re: [Phys-l] rules of the game?

John, look, I don't want to fight with you, and if you truly do not see the difference between the tone of (some of) your posts and those of others, then there's very little I'm going to be able to do to convince you that there IS one. I respect your input, and I always learn something from reading your posts, but it surely can't be written off as coincidental that I've had cross words with you on at least two and perhaps three occasions in the past year or so and NONE with any one else. I don't think it's any coincidence that we don't get too many posts here from people OTHER than college professors with PhDs. I think there are a lot of "lurkers" who are afraid to post for fear that someone will make a fool of them online. Surely if a student in my class can ask a naive question, and I can answer it without making him or her appear foolish, the learned people online here can do the same. I'm sorry if, for example, you have to explain things to me in metaphorical baby talk in order to get me to understand, but if you inwardly resent having to do it, then please do not respond at all, because your resentment will seep into your response, and I WILL take exception to that. Ok, enough; I had my say, and Brian has answered the question I was asking.