Re: [Phys-l] Global Warming

At 08:33 PM 6/12/2006, you wrote:
My problem, Jim, is that you seem to avoid, totally, current
research on the subject. The Greenland ice cores were just reported in
the past few months,
Also, the arguments need to be quantitative and in context. The
current warming trend is accompanied by increases in greenhouse gases.

Jack, did you read the URL that I gave? I thought not.

I twice tried to reproduce here the figure referenced there, but I don't know how I guess. The data shows repeated global warming and glaciations which follow those warmings. I don't doubt that we are currently experiencing another warming period. I still wonder what its cause is. I think that there is evidence that the cause is natural, but I don't fully understand the explanations. But if the data given there is correct, we are on the verge of another glaciation. I can see that the current warming is _accompanied_ by an increase in greenhouse gasses, but there doesn't seem to be proof of the _cause_ of the warming. Just as there doesn't seem to be a convincing proof of the cause of previous global warmings -- which clearly were not due to greenhouse gasses -- at least not greenhouse gasses produced by humans.

My problem, Jack, is that you seem to avoid, totally, current research on the subject.

Jim

J M Green
Email: MailTo:JMGreen@sisna.com
WWW: HTTP://users.sisna.com/JMGreen