Re: [Phys-l] (no subject)

At 11:00 PM 6/11/2006, you wrote:

A subscription to Science Magazine, or, better yet, Nature, will
let you review the evidence and reports of calculations, as they are done.
The recent Greenland ice core gives one of the persuasive contributions to
the accumulated evidence. I've not seen anyone even bother with the
precessional argument except J. M. Green, who seems to have avoided any
contamination from recent investigations. Argument by authority is
not needed, and I see no reason to respect such argument.
Regards,
Jack

Well, Jack, I just did a Google search on "'Global Warming', precession"

There you would see many others who are concerned with the Earth's precession. In fact some who believe that we should enhance the level of green house gasses, because we are about to enter the next glaciation period. I wish I had seen this before I posted.

Of course there are those who will not value these findings because they do not agree with them, but consider the following from this URL:

Pacemaker of the Ice Ages

[]

Changes in global ice volume during the last 500,000 years, as determined from CLIMAP isotopic measurements. Chart is from John and Katherine Imbrie's book Ice Ages: Solving the Mystery, by permission of Enslow Publishers. Data from J. D. Hays et al., 1976, by permission J. D. Hays.

<http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1350746/index.htm>BACK TO HOME PAGE
* In 1976, scientists at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory spearheaded a project called CLIMAP (Clint: Long-range Investigation Mapping and Prediction) to map the history of the oceans and climate.
* They discovered that ice ages begin or end, almost like clockwork, every 11,500 years. It's a dependable, predictable, natural cycle. Pacemaker of the Ice Ages, they called it.
* They drew up a chart of the cycle (above).
* See the sharp peaks every 100,000 years or so? Each peak marks the abut end of a period of warmth similar to today's and the catastrophic beginning of a new ice age.
* See where we are today? (At the far right side of the chart?) We're at the tip of the highest peak ever, teetering on the knife-edge of disaster. We haven't been that high on the chart for half a million years.
* And do you see what happened--without exception--every time we got that high on the chart?
* Instantaneous ice age.
* The next ice age could begin any day.

J M Green
Email: MailTo:JMGreen@sisna.com