Re: [Phys-l] reflections

They did a study where the Dolphins were shown an underwater paint gun.
They also put a mirror in the pool. They deactivated the paint, but not the
pressure of the gun, then fake marked the back side of the dolphin with an
X. The dolphin would swim over and look at himself in the mirror. This is
considered evidence that they recognize themselves.

There may be some birds in the parrot family that pass the mirror test for
intelligence. They have recently found that the brains of birds are equally
as complex as those of mammals. They have analogous structures to the
complex structures in mammals.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu> on