Re: [Phys-l] Equations

Just to clarify:

Saying
F causes ma (1)
is just as true (or just as false) as saying
ma causes F. (2)

If you want to define things so that *both* (1) and (2) are
true, I don't object. I find it a bit of an awkward stretch,
but it is not wrong AFAICT.

According to more conventional definitions, neither (1) nor (2)
is true, but this does not seem worth arguing about.

The important point remains: I really must object to the notion
that
ma causes F ... and not vice versa (3)
for reasons discussed earlier today and at
http://www.av8n.com/physics/causation.htm