Re: [Phys-l] laptops banned from class.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Herb Gottlieb wrote:

As usual, Anthony's suggetion above is EXCELLENT. But why not go one
stepfurther. Give students the entire year's lecture notes in advance so they do not need to come to any of your classes for the rest of the year??
Herb Gottlieb :-- )

As usual, Herb's suggestion is EXCELLENT. I know, because that approach worked pretty well for me my freshman year at MIT. Which just
reminds me, that the goal of top notch teaching, IMO, is to persuade
students to learn for themselves.
Regards,
Jack