[Phys-L] Re: Refilled Printer Ink Jet Cartridges OK?

The refill kit is less than the double or triple set of cartridges both
from costco, and refills, what? > 6X. I refill two or three times and
then toss thinking I've got my money's worth from the cartridge. One
time I had an emergency job after hours, and an empty cartridge already
refilled three times. After refilling a few jets didn't work; close
examination revealed the gold traces were broken. I repaired them
successfully w/ silver paint (similar to what's used to make electrodes
on conductive paper for field plotting). I think the problem others
have had including Consumer Union is either a different printer than
mine * or inadequate technique.

* HP 5650 and interactive media sales, llc (kit)

bc

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

May I have the benefit of list members' experience with:
1) Re-filled cartridges sold by a third party.
2) Having your own empty cartridges re-filled by a third party.
3) Do-it-yourself refill kits.

Please include the printer/cartridge brand/model, prices, names of third
parties, and an evaluation.

Thanks,