[Phys-L] Re: Refilled Printer Ink Jet Cartridges OK?

A couple of alternate ideas.

1) I've often found that a printer on sale will be cheaper than the b=
rand-name replacement cartridges. It's not environmentally friendly,=
but you could always buy a whole new printer rather than just the ca=
rtridges.

2) Go to a laser printer. I just found several B&W printers under ~$=
200 (often less with sales, rebates etc) or color under $400. it doe=
sn't take too many $30 ink cartridges before the laser is a beter dea=
l overall. =20

3) If you do a bit more printing (say a school), you can get a free c=
olor printer from Xerox (solid ink variety). I haven't done this, bu=
t several acquantances have suggested it. You have to agree to buy i=
nk fom them for a few years, but it should still be a win-win situati=
on. See http://www.freecolorprinters.com=20

Tim F