[Phys-L] Re: In the Private Universe

At 03:13 PM 2/24/2005, Vickie, you wrote:
/// We no longer use the motions of the Sun, Moon, and stars for
navigation or timekeeping, so most people have no practical use for this
information. The seasons will happen just the same whether they are fully
understood or not. Is this a topic worth spending a lot of instructional
time on?

///

Vickie Frohne
vfrohne@ben.edu

I went to lunch today to celebrate the departure of a navigator instructor -
a role that was civilianized a while ago.
Sitting in were four 'blue-suit' (i.e. serving) navigation officers.

It got me to thinking, that I was seeing an appreciable proportion of
the nation's remaining live military air navigation expertize.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!