[Phys-L] Re: Attacks on Education - Shakespeare and Thermodynamics

I don't think we have to get as techy as entropy to see that the average
person does not know or understand the significance of the third law.
Just try talking about temperature limited efficiencies with regard to
energy production.

cheers,

joe

Chuck Britton wrote:

I would hope that the 'masses' could have an appreciation of the
Second Law even though they are not mathematically sophisticated.

But I realize that there are those among us who would outlaw the use
of the word 'entropy' unless it is accompanied by an appropriate
enumeration of states.