[Phys-L] Re: Vacuum Cannon Question

Another good question for tap-l and another reason you should subscribe.
You need to buy 40 mm ping ping balls, they also come in 38 mm (don't
get those). You can get 'em at: http://www.totaltabletennis.com/ I
order from them because they are very close by.

Sam

Matt Coia wrote:

I have been using the regular ol' 2" 3M #371 packing tape in my trials
this past week. I have to double it up to prevent "blow-ins" but I still
get a pretty good seal...sometimes too well. My current problem is the
ping-pong balls I'm using...they're crap....dollar store...kinda smooshy.
I managed a pretty decent dent in a can today but nothing close to
splitting it open like Dick Peterson's does.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Coia
undergrad gadget person
Buffalo State College