[Phys-L] Re: electricity

You might also want to look at
http://www.tufts.edu/as/wright_center/fellows/bob_morse_04/
for some info on Ben Franklin and his electricity experiments

Bill Reitz

Alison Innes wrote:

Hello,

I am an Education Coordinator at a museum in Canada. I didn't take
sciences in university (there's a reason I did a history degree) but I did
take physics in highschool and rather enjoyed it. I know find myself doing
science programmes (light, electricity, sound) here at the museum. I have
been following what was left for me, information wise. As I have been
trying to research electricity, I found this site
<http://amasci.com/miscon/elect.html> It seems to help me, but I just
want to check that it is somewhat reliable (I know that no source will
ever be 100% reliable). Anyone out there familiar with it? If this stuff
is true (and it does make sense to me), a lot of what I was taught in
elementary school was WRONG. Which leads me to my second question:
teachers bring their classes to me for a two or four programme. I want to
teach the kids what is true (accurate) but what if this is not what the
teacher is teaching them? How should I handle this? I don't want to make
the kids any more confused....

I would also appreciate any leads on reliable websites to help with the
areas of light and sound. Although I do have a pretty good grip at least
on sound, it is always important to learn more and more.... if only to
keep ahead of the students!

I thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone can help me out.

Alison Innes
Education Coordinator
Bell Homestead National Historic Site
519-756-6220