[Phys-L] Re: Elevators

Sorry; I promise to read all of a thread before posting.

bc

John M Clement wrote:

Do they ever omit room 213 or how about 1313? Now I am wondering how
the 13 aversion ever came about. There were probably other numbers
which were considered bad at other periods of time. Also is this
number bad in all cultures, but just in Western countries? Of course
it is silly, but people develop phobias generally because of an
experience. This could be either cultural or physical.

An interesting phobia is fear of buttons. I know a child who
developed it after sleeping on his stomach. The buttons on his
pajamas hurt him. I also know an adult who had this phobia all of her
life. She admits it is not rational, but she can not buy clothing
with prominent buttons. I also know of a child who developed a

cut