[Phys-L] Wave Structure of Biaxial Crystal

Jim Bennett is [I think] Curator at the Museum of the History
of Science at Oxford, He passed along a query to Rete,
which you may possibly know of.

Brian W

Professor Denis Weaire of Trinity College Dublin tells me of a find
recently made in the basement of the Geology Department there:

'a beautiful wire framework, accurately representing the wave surface of
a biaxial crystal, with the "conical" feature particularly apparent.'

He wonders whether anyone else has seen such a model.

Jim Bennett
<jim.bennett@mhs.ox.ac.uk>

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!