Re: Spelling and Grammar in our e-mails

At 18:43 -0500 3/10/03, Robert Cohen wrote:

That's not the point.

On the contrary, I believe that is precisely the point, as you
point out later in your message. =20

I think we're picking nits here. What I meant was that putting the
brackets around a URL doesn't keep the URL from being broken if it's
too long, but, in a properly crafted e-mail application, it enables
the application to read the entire URL anyway. So the fact that there
is a line break in the middle of it doesn't make any difference, if
the brackets are there.

Of course, if your e-mail application doesn't recognize that
property, then all such efforts are for naught, at least as far as
you are concerned.

I'm really happy that I'm not constrained in my choice of e-mail
programs and can gratefully use Eudora.

Hugh

--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams