Re: Kinetic Energy elephant re-examined by formerly-blind person

Rearding "mesoscopic kinetic energy"

Carl E. Mungan wrote:

Yes, I'm basically happy with this and certainly agree with the
spirit of it, my only slight remaining qualm being the size issue,
ie. I normally think of a "mesoscopic flywheel" as some kind of MEMS
device.

1) Constructive counterproposals as to terminology
(or anything else) are welcome.

2) Meso- means "middle" (Meso-America, meson,
mezzo-soprano) whereas MEMS stands for _Micro_
ElectroMechanical System. Micro- means "small".
So I don't think it's right to connect MEMS to
KE[mesoscopic].

3) I never spoke of a mesoscopic flywheel anyway.
I spoke of partitioning an ordinary flywheel into
mesoscopic cells for purposes of evaluating "the"
kinetic energy.