Re: 2 pi i = 0

Justin Parke wrote:

Something seems fishy about this to me. But I don't know what.

Others have gotten the math right, let me just add
some terminology:

Alas ln() is not a function.
It is a mathematical relation, not a function.
This is particularly deceptive because the familiar
case of ln() restricted to positive real numbers is
a function.

The critical property of a function is that it has
a _unique_ ordinate for each abscissa.

x=y implies f(x)=f(y) _provided_ f is a function.

Looking at it the other way,
g(x)=g(y) implies x=y _provided_ g() is one-to-one.

Alas exp() is not one-to-one.
This is deceptive because the familiar case of exp()
restricted to real numbers is one-to-one.

The equivalent "proof" involving arcsin(sin()) is
easier to visualize.

This posting is the position of the writer, not that of Fischer,
Kasparov, or Capablanca.