-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hake
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 9:28 AM

I think most of the eight Phys-L posts
<http://lists.nau.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S2=phys-l&q=&s=arons&f=&a=2002&b=>
emphasis on KINESTHETIC EXPERIENCE in overcoming preconceptions. To
appreciate this one needs to see students' eyes light up when they
first accelerate a 50-lb dry ice block floating on glass to some
velocity v and then see the block sailing majestically away from them
with undiminished v.

As stated in an earlier post (Hake 2002a):

". . .(the Arons inspired). . . SDI labs. . .[despite their
demonstrated effectiveness (Hake 1998a,b; 2002b,c)] are virtually
unknown to most physics teachers and Physics Education Researchers
(PER's), and generally ignored in standard PER reference volumes
(e.g., Redish & Rigden 1997). For an online article on SDI labs see
Hake (1992).

This posting is the position of the writer, not that of SUNY-BSC, NAU or the
AAPT.