Re: climate change

Widely reported, therefore, for those who missed it:

Today's radical left program included the interview of a climatologist (David
Travis). He discussed (among others) the effect of contrails as determined
by their absence immediately (for three days) after "9/11". [Reported in the
current "Nature".]

Among many:

http://globeandmail.workopolis.com/servlet/Content/fasttrack/20020808/USEPTN?section=Science

and:

Travis' results are difficult to argue with, says
Patrick Minnis of NASA's Langley Research
Center in Hampton, Va. He and his colleagues will
report their analyses of satellite images of
contrails at the same conference. In a series of
photos taken Sept. 12, individual cloud trails of
high-flying military aircraft stand out clearly in
a nearly cloud-free region west of Washington,
D.C. In just a few hours, six contrails—each of
which started out a few meters wide—spread to
cover more than 20,000 square kilometers. The
observations of these single contrails along
aerial highways normally crowded with dozens of
aircraft may help scientists develop better
models of how contrails spread and affect climate,
says Minnis.

http://www.sciencenews.org/20020511/fob1.asp

bc

Jim Green wrote:

I have been unable to understand the irrational behavior
of the global warming denouncers in view of this manifest fact.

Chicken Little lives!

I agree with Leigh here -- even though my valley is getting browner as
Leigh's gets greener.

I hear a lot of wailing, but I see little -- ie no convincing -- evidence
that the so called "greenhouse gasses" are having much of a causative
effect -- I am not persuaded that we are not just coming out of a
glaciation and will be doing so for a few hundred years yet.

Down with the Kyoto paperwork.

Move to Canada -- where they are happy about this prospect.

Or -- as I have said -- wait for the end of the World -- which is nigh.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen