Re: cross-product versus Clifford Algebra

Jack Uretsky wrote:

the circles....are in the x-z plane.

1) I have tried, but I cannot reproduce this version
of the circles, either. Please elaborate.

The
cross-product predicts the direction of drift, so that the drift is
imposed on the circular motion.

Earlier he wrote:

it "drifts" in the z-direction.

2) The incoming wave had momentum in the z-direction and
only in the z-direction. Why do we need anything like a
cross-product to tell us that the preferred direction for
drift imparted to the electron will be the z-direction?
Why do we even need to know the polarization state of
the incoming wave?

3) Even if we did need something like a cross product, why
would not a wedge product do the job at _least_ as nicely?