Re: Borrowing bandwith? [sic]

Jack wrote:

Everybody and his dog seems to have a "unique" approach to the teaching of
physics. Yet the textbooks end up looking like clones

I respectfully disagree. What about Hewitt's book? Or one of my favorites: Chabay & Sherwood? Or The Physics of Star Trek? Or How Things Work?

I don't think it's the textbooks that end up looking like clones. Only the ones that end up in our classrooms. Is there a lesson in this?

By all means, let Beichner use PHYS-L to swap ideas. I think that's entirely within Phys-L's mandate and of great interest to many of us.

Carl Mungan (Asst. Prof. U.S. Naval Academy)
Naval Research Laboratory 202-767-0106
http://physics.nadn.navy.mil/physics/faculty/mungan/