Re: Borrowing bandwith? [sic]

I agree with Carl that its well within Phys-L's mandate and I would look
forward to much of the discussion. Subject headings would need to be
clearly labeled to allow easy culling by those who would not care to
participate.

Joel Rauber

Jack wrote:

Everybody and his dog seems to have a "unique" approach to
the teaching of
physics. Yet the textbooks end up looking like clones

I respectfully disagree. What about Hewitt's book? Or one of
my favorites: Chabay & Sherwood? Or The Physics of Star Trek?
Or How Things Work?

I don't think it's the textbooks that end up looking like
clones. Only the ones that end up in our classrooms. Is there
a lesson in this?

By all means, let Beichner use PHYS-L to swap ideas. I think
that's entirely within Phys-L's mandate and of great interest
to many of us.

Carl Mungan (Asst. Prof. U.S. Naval Academy)
Naval Research Laboratory 202-767-0106
http://physics.nadn.navy.mil/physics/faculty/mungan/