Re: Units and Conversions

At 7:26 -0500 7/2/02, Tina Fanetti wrote:

Also, the math book uses weight and mass nearly interchangeably. Sho=
uld I just go along or teach them properly? My inclining as a physic=
ist is to teach them correctly but realistically I don't think they a=
re going to get it.

Since society in general pretty much uses them interchangeably, and
it isn't likely that any of these students will ever be either a
physicist or an astronaut, I think you are fighting an uphill battle.
You have bigger fish to fry; I would worry about them and forget the
weight/mass problem.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell