Re: Less is less

1. Sadler's famous study among others shows clearly that less is more
- as measured by student success in college physics.

Chris Horton

While this data cannot be refuted, I'd like some advice from the
advocates of "less is more" of how to implement this into a standard 4-year
college physics major. As we do less in the Intro. course, the students
come less prepared into say, Modern, then less prepared into Mechanics,
etc. As we actually do less in our courses, the refrain of "didn't you see
a bit of this topic in course xxx?" is heard more and more in our classes,
especially at the upper level. In order for better learning do we need to
expand the college degree to 5 years (and another $35,000 for the
parents :) )?