Re: Is it necessary or helpful to teach work (W) in introductory HS physics? (long)

My philosophy would be to include work as the segue from Forces into
Conservation of Energy. In fact, I have come to define work as the
PROCESS of changing energy from one form into another form.

Simple machines are VERY concrete examples. Include 'thermal energy'
(sometimes called heat - shudder) when friction is a consideration.