Am I teaching what I should in HS physics?

In this posting, I am soliciting the opinions of college-level physics
instructors with regard to the topics and emphases which should be
contained in a first-year high-school physics course.

At our school, we offer four physics courses (conceptual physics, physics,
honors physics, and AP Physics C). The curriculum for AP courses is
clear-cut, and I at present do not teach the conceptual physics course;
thus, the discussion that I seek relates to the middle two courses.

What should students have experienced as they enter a first-year college
physics course? The question relates to students who plan to study
engineering or physical science as well as to those who do not. I also do
not mean to confine the discussion to a list of "important topics" but
instead wish to include opinions on skills such as problem-solving and data
analysis.

Thanks in advance.