math theorem

This may be off topic and if so I apologize.

A couple of years ago I was playing around with my calculator and noticed an interesting relationship between certain types of numbers (which can be formed by simply reversing the first and last digits of any number with number of digits >= 2).

I suspected the relationship was always true and set out to prove it, which I did. I suspect someone (indeed, many) before me have noticed the same thing and proven it as well, but I have never seen a proof. My students tell me to "get it published," which I think would be pretty neat too. How do I try to do that? Should I try, or am I being silly?

Thanks

Justin