Re: Unknown Apparatus

I agree that it is a mercury resevoir, but my first thought was that it was
a part of a standard seconds pendulum. A wire whisker on the end of a
pendulum having a period of two seconds will make an electrical connection
every second to update a counter. A good student project if they have not
made you get rid of the Hg already.

Tom Ford