Re: reviewing for Students

Colleges is admirable, but now evidently failing. I think
enrollment should be limited to those who pass an entrance
exam, or satisfy some other minimum standard, OR have been
financially independent for a year.

I like the idea of the entrance exam or some sort of
standard. Some of my high school students (the ones
that NEED to be SOCIAL) have told me that it doesn't
make any difference what kind of grade they get in high
school, because "colleges" will admit them. If the knew
"colleges" would not admit them, maybe they would learn
to study. Some do eventually turn around, but most are
very SOCIAL in "college" and get discouraged and quit.

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur