Re: Is photon a wave packet ?

Robert Cohen wrote:

Would it be appropriate to say that space, itself, is deformed in some way
between the source and detector?

No. Not to any significant degree.

[I would say that the EM field is deformed
but someone once told me that this is the same thing as saying that space is
deformed]

Deformation of space is gravitation, not electromagnetism.

Light does gravitate, but the effect is 42 gajillion times
weaker than the electromagnetic effects, so it should be
neglected unless we are going off on REALLY bizarre tangents.