-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Edmiston [mailto:edmiston@BLUFFTON.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 12:38 PM

A flashtube or laser emits a flash of light. I don't think for this
question it matters whether it is a single photon or a bunch
of photons. I
don't think it matters whether the duration of the flash was
a microsecond
or a femtosecond, but it was much shorter than one second.

Some of the light is headed across "empty space" to a
detector located 10
light seconds from the source. When approximately 5 seconds
have elapsed,
describe the space between the source and detector... what's there...
anything describable?