Re: Blackboard

I started using it this year. I really like it with a couple of
exceptions -
I don't like the grade book. It is very difficult to manipulate and can't
be exported to something more useful, like a spreadsheet. I understand
that is being worked on for the next version. I eventually gave up and
stayed strictly with my spreadsheet.
Posting notes is ok, but if you put equations in there then all of your
students must have equation editor installed as part of their MS Office
package. Equation editor is not part of a standard installation.
You can save a Powerpoint as a web page which circumvents that problem by
saving all of the equations as images, but MS Office creates an extra
folder to contain all of the images. I couldn't get Blackboard to find
that folder. I finished up using a link from Blackboard to a regular web
server that could find them - but then I could have just used a web page to
begin with.