Re: Writing Lectures

Tina,
I have learned, both from some college course work and practicle use,
that the demonstration can be used for many things.

I like to start with a thought provoking demo that sets up the lesson.
example: Using the double concave mirror toy to demonstrate a virtual
image.

Midway through a lecture, I also try to incorperate a demo that does one
of two things;

1. It shows an exception to what we have just learned (provoking
further thought)

2. Reinforces what was just taught (but intentionally does not go
well and requires help from the students)

Herb G. once taught me that a failed demonstration is as good as any
other if the students can explain why it failed and be able to describe
how to correct it.

Hope this helps

Thanks to Herb

=====