Writing Lectures

Hi everyone,
I know it is kind of late in the semester for this kind of question, but this is one of my biggest problems. (besides my students :) )

I have all these neat resources, like pictures, movies, thought-provoking questions and demos. What I am having trouble with is integrating them into my lectures. How do I know what adds to learning and what is just some cute thing? Where do I put it?

Like with optics, what we are covering now. I have an optics demonstration kit and when we talk about converging, diverging and image formation I set that up to do a demo. But do I do the demo before I lecture, as I lecture, after?

Then I have stuff from flying circus of physics..where does that go?

Does this make any sense?
Tina

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429