Re: Salary Quest: Re: Postition Available:DirectorofInstructionalLaboratories

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:44:51 -0400 S Goelzer <sgoelzer@EARTHLINK.NET> writes:
> 35 to 50k$ does not sound like much but that is for just 9.5 months
> of work  (no one counts overtime do they?).
> I have a personal crusade to correct people who ask if I enjoy
> having 2.5  months of vacation. It's not a vacation, it's a _mandatory
> scheduled  layoff_. > *****************************
> Scott Goelzer  Physics Teacher  Coe - Brown Northwood Academy
> Northwood NH 03261 > 603-942-5531 ext43
> sgoelzer@coebrownacademy.com
> *****************************
On the other hand......
Although your salary is based on 9.5 months work, you are free
to earn additional money  during the summer months , if you choose
to do so. There are many such opportunities for teachers.
For example:
1) Many work as counsellors, head counsellors, and
camp directors getting an extra $5000 or more for the summer.
2) Many work with travel agencies leading tours throughout
the world.
3) Many work in summer schools.
4) Many are self employed selling insurance,  real estate, authoring
and publishing, tutoring, and thousands of other opportunities
that are impossible for others with full time jobs.

If you are lucky enough to have the 2.5 months for a vacation, get off
your personal crusade long enough to recruit your friends into
the teaching field .......... where you work only 9.5 months for a
full year salary .

Herb Gottlieb from New York City