Re: Leeds and Northrup Ballistic Galvanometers

Oren,
I have a large number of spare wires for the ballistic galvanometers we no
longer use. In fact, I have never used one. Maybe that is why we don't use
them in class since I am too lazy to figure out how. There seem to be several
different types of spare wires for these:
An approximately 15 cm. wire labeled .002 AU S.14K
An approximately 6 cm. coiled wire labeled .0015 AU Strip
An approximately 6 cm. wire labeled .0015 AU S.24K
An approximately 6 cm. coiled wire labeled .001 S.24K
An approximately 15 cm. wire labeled .003 AU Strip

I would be happy to send you some if they are what you need.

"QUIST, OREN" wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for the small "suspension wires" that are used
in the old Leeds and Northrup Ballistic Galvanometers??

Oren Quist, SDSU

--
Jerry Hester
Jhester@mtu.edu