Re: Returning of tests

At 14:55 -0400 10/31/01, Tim O'Donnell wrote:

How many people return and allow the students to keep
tests? I go over the tests, but I recollect them. That is
>"standard" procedure here. What about others?

I return tests and let students keep them. I post the solutions on a
bulletin board as well as the course web site. I also post all tests
and solutions from the past several years on the course web site.
That is the way I level the playing field so that no one student has
an advantage over the others. In the past, there were always some
students that got hold of past exams by hook or crook and that wasn't
fair. Furthermore, by making all the past exams and solutions
available to students, they can use them as practice exams (if they
wish) and at least feel more confident in knowing what to expect when
they walk into an exam. Wolfgang