Re: Automatic flushers

And why didn't the facilities person (pc) give you a broken one (or new spare)
to "play with?"

How about going to an exterior decorator contractor for a broken sprinkler
valve.

One may (with tax deduction) go to the local independent (pc) hdw. store and
purchase a sprinkler valve (they might even give you one after stressing the
need to teach young physicists to help fight the war against terrorism. You
could, if he refuses, be very manipulative and say you'd blame him for the
failure of the war.)

OK enuff politics. If all else fails, I'll make a project out of this and get
one (the real thing, not a sprinkler valve [I think I have a broken sprinkler
one I replaced]) take photo's and send them if I get enuff applicants (off
list) I hope it doesn't break my bank.

bc

"Paul O. Johnson" wrote:

I asked the facilities chap for our campus. I had discovered experimentally
that the sensor was IR, that it set itself when a large enough object stood
within the specified range, and that it then executed a flush when the
object moved away. But I couldn't determine how it caused the flush.

Our facilities man said it was battery powered and that the batteries were
supposed to last over a year, but he didn't know how it worked.

I called the manufacturer in North Carolina. The person I talked to said he
would send me a paper describing the design and operation of the unit but he
never did.

So I'm as eager as SSHS is to find out how the damn thing works.

Paul O. Johnson