Re: NYC World trade center destroyed, 9AM this morning

At 9:15 PM -0700 9/11/2001, Doug Craigen wrote:

Here in Winnipeg, Canada (just north of North Dakota) my day was
dominated by this. All domestic flights in Canada were canceled to make
room to manage diverted US flights at our airports. The road to the
Winnipeg Airport was barricaded just outside our windows about half an
hour of the first crash. The hotel parking lot across the street became
a distribution center, with some diverted city transit busses doing the
transport. There were many ambulances going by all day (I can only
speculate that these were due to stress induced problems for some people
on flights diverted our way). It was a surreal scene.

Doug-
I want to thank you and your Canadian brethren for all you are doing for
us. My 17 year old son David was flying back on United from London to LA
today. His flight was diverted to Winnipeg and it landed about 12 hours ago
there. He was delayed in the plane for the past 12 hours and finally
called us to tell us he was OK. His flight was passing over the northeast
at the time of the disasters so it was a little tense for us for a while.
I was told that many Winnipeg families were taking passengers into their
homes.
Thanks again to our great neighbors to the north.
Larry