Re: NYC World trade center destroyed, 9AM this morning

Larry Woolf wrote:

I want to thank you and your Canadian brethren for all you are doing for
us. My 17 year old son David was flying back on United from London to LA
today. His flight was diverted to Winnipeg and it landed about 12 hours ago
there. He was delayed in the plane for the past 12 hours and finally
called us to tell us he was OK. His flight was passing over the northeast
at the time of the disasters so it was a little tense for us for a while.
I was told that many Winnipeg families were taking passengers into their
homes.
Thanks again to our great neighbors to the north.
Larry

There is a classic Gordon Sinclair radio transcript from 1973
(coincidentally the year the towers were completed) at
http://www.rcc.ryerson.ca/ccf/news/unique/am_text.html (includes audio).
I would have been 12 at the time I heard it, but could still remember
pieces. Some of you may have seen portions circulating via email in the
last two days. What I've seen circulating doesn't really change the
message, it just removes the parts particular to 1973. Canadians can
have pretty complex and contradictory emotions regarding America at
times, but in trouble we all pull together.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html