solenoids

Has anyone come across manufactured left-hand wired solenoids?
McMasters and a few other machinist parts catalogs only list
right-hand wired solenoids.

We are looking for them (and would rather not make them) for use in
the physics lab because a number of students in our intro physics
classes come to the conclusion that the current enters a solenoid on
the end with the south pole and leaves on the end with a north pole.
I suspect that this is due to the chirality of the solenoid. Has
anyone else seen this observation on the part of the students?

Thank you,

Dave Clark