Re: interesting pic for a classroom exercise?

Wingspan 51.8m
Length 61.2
Height 17.7

I don't know if the quoted length represents nose to end of fuselage, or
nose to rearmost point of the tail. Probably the latter. I get something
like 25 miles.

Redoing my calculation with the looked-up distance to the sun (not
from memory) and a decent ruler measurement (on a curved CRT) of the
length of the plane (nose to tail) instead of using a ratio of finger
lengths, and a length of precisely 61.2m, gives me 24 mi, now in good
agreement with the other calculators here.

Stefan Jeglinski