Re: interesting pic for a classroom exercise?

Please consider sending your wonderful picture (it's great:
http://perso.club-internet.fr/legault/s010113.jpg
and the a summary of this PHYS-L discussion
as a contributed note to The Physics Teacher. Contributor's info is
found under publications at http://www.aapt.org/ and if it helps I
I have three publications stemming from PHYS-L discussions that were/are
accepted for publication (thanks for helping my career, ladies & gentlemen).

I'll be using your picture in my PHY111 class when we hit angular measure.
Thanks again, and I strongly urge you to publish both the photo and your
analysis; I KNOW TPT would be interested...

Thanks for the plug, but it's not my picture. I can't even remember
how I ran across it - I think it was one of those "was looking for
something completely different on a web browser search and happened
to find this instead."

I would not mind summarizing and submitting, but what is the
editorial policy toward such use of other's material? At the very
least I would need to get permission, and perhaps something more if
the photographer decides to copyright it.

The photographer is apparently an amateur astronomer with a CCD, so
this discussion may even make it back to him :-) See
<http://perso.club-internet.fr/legault/> for more interesting shots
(none so unique as this one perhaps).

Stefan Jeglinski