interesting pic for a classroom exercise?

<http://perso.club-internet.fr/legault/s010113.jpg>

Q: how far away is the plane from the camera?

My zeroth-order back of the envelope, unchecked, rough estimate, is
30 mi. Seems reasonable, but this depends linearly on the assumed
length of the plane in my approximation. People familiar with
airliners can probably recognize the plane immediately and know its
length...

Stefan Jeglinski