Re: Capacitor Applications

I'm teaching an AP-B Physics class, (High School), and I'm looking simple
toys or appliances that utilize capacitors. I have found a "Plyskool (tm)"
flashlight and a toy car called an X-V Racer by HotWheels. It is small car
that uses a capacitor as its energy source. Does anyone one know of any
other items? I'm interested in simple, cheap to buy, d.c. applications.

FYI
X-V Racer Application

+----- o----+-------+
| | |
-+- | \
--+-- -+- / R
-+- E C \ Simplified View
--+-- -+- / of the Motor
| | |

I assume the battery is disconnected before the car is released.

In principle this car could be wound up by running it backwards from its
discharged state. This could be done with a hand held rotary tool fitted
with a rubber stopper drilled to fit a 1/4 inch spindle. Have you tried
that to see if it works?

Leigh