Re: dimensionless units & Mach Number

If you're asking my opinion (it seems like you are) my answer is that it
depends on what you mean by "change". If by not changing you will fail
everyone who can't do it as fast as the boys used to then I say yes -
you should change. If you mean by changing that you will not require
students to be able to string a pulley anymore then I say no - I think
that being able to string a pulley system is a reasonable standard, just
be aware that you'll have to provide more time for practice and
instruction than you used to provide.

Tim O'Donnell wrote:

Students have a definitely different experience background today
compared years ago. When I first started teaching, boys could easily
string pulleys systems and girls could not - now today neither group
can string them without a lot of guidance. Does that mean I should
change?

--
Arlyn DeBruyckere
Hutchinson High School