Re: dimensionless units

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, John Mallinckrodt wrote:

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Robert A Cohen wrote:

Shouldn't we treat the radian the same way? Isn't the radian equivalent
to (m of arc)/(m of radius)? [note that any unit of length could be used]

In fact, this is precisely the point that underlies the "elaborate
and absurdly pedantic" method that "I like very much" and to which
I referred in my previous posting.

I agree that idea underlies the method described in your September 1996
posting (as well as several postings in the current thread). Do you agree
that there is a middle ground between the "elaborate and absurdly
pedantic" method of your Sept 1996 posting and the "far simpler" approach
of your Dec 1998 posting?

| Robert Cohen Department of Physics |
| East Stroudsburg University |
| bbq@esu.edu East Stroudsburg, PA 18301 |