Re: dimensionless units & Mach Number

If you're asking my opinion (it seems like you are) my answer is that
it depends on what you mean by "change". If by not changing you will
fail everyone who can't do it as fast as the boys used to then I say
yes - you should change. If you mean by changing that you will not
require students to be able to string a pulley anymore then I say no -
I think that being able to string a pulley system is a reasonable
standard, just be aware that you'll have to provide more time for
practice and instruction than you used to provide.

Absolutely correct, but where does that time come from; something
else suffers. I think stringing pulleys is an important concept in
terms of machines, advantages, efficiencies, etc.(others may not),
but what goes away. Until school years are lengthen ( and I'm not
exactly wanting that to happen) what should be the priority? It is
the biggest decision I make each year - what should I "cover."

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur