Re: errata: Centrifuge (was: Just So Stories)

Hi John:

You are right that a model whose quantitative prediction
differs by 15 orders of magnitude from what is reasonable
is only a useless story. Unfortunately, as stated at the
beginning, I was not able to use "the model" to make
numerical predictions.

I think that I am not the only one who would benefit if
you formulated a good centrifuge problem for students
and show us, step by step, how to solve it numerically.
You play a teacher and I will play a student. The only
physics I know are first 10 Chapters from S&H. This
non-calculus coverage is typical. Let me describe it:

Chapter 10, Ideal gas law, Kinetic Theory
of gasses.
Chapter 9, Pressure, Buoyancy, Bernoulli,
Stoke's formula, etc.
Chapter 8, Torque, Angular momentum
Chapter 7, Circular motion, Gravity force.
Chapter 6, Momentum and collisions
Chapter 5, Work and Energy
Chapter 4, Laws of motion
Chapter 3, 2-dim kinematics
Chapter 2, 1-dim kinematics
Chapter 1, Introduction

You already invested time into this problem and it will
probably not take you too long to produce a useful
description for a high school or college teacher.
Thanks in advance.
Ludwik Kowalski